Category Archives: health&wellness
Snatched was a silly fun movie, dumped by her boyfriend on the eve of their vacation, impetuous dreamer Emily Middleton (Amy Schumer) persuades her cautious mother, Linda (Goldie Hawn), to accompany her on an exotic getaway to South America. Opposites, Emily and Linda must soon work through their differences to escape from a wildly outrageous and dangerous jungle adventure funny, entertaining. But the best part was meeting Amy and Goldie at TheMom's blogger movie premier event on Park Ave in New York City. The interview was serious at times but Amy true to herself was hysterical The moms interviewed and hosted Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn for a Mamaraazzi event in NYC for their new movie Snatched. They sat down with The MOMS to dish on the film and during the interview Amy admitted “her uterus remains empty for now, but she would like to have kids someday.” I also gave Amy Schumer a crystal for good energy and she liked it! I gave the one to Donald Trump too, hey we all need good energy, maybe on a higher level it will help. We all had a absolute blast and even all dance together in honor of #DanceforBreastCancerChallenge.
September is National Yoga month it's a perfect time to get "bendy" yoga well known to increased strength stamina and flexibility. I have been practicing yoga for years and it does enhance your ability to stay focused on task improve your attitude and decreases anxiety. I also think it helps you to feel Zen, focus, and even loose weight. When you feel good you look good! I find after I go to yoga class, my creativity and communication skills are much better. Yoga is fantastic it will only help you improve your overall health and well-being and mental function. I love National Yoga Month and Wedderspoon, its a perfect mixture.http://www.yogahealthfoundation.org/yoga_month
Favorite drink during yoga is to mix warm water and Manuka honey using the little to go packs, easy to carry and store http://wedderspoon.com/our-products/honey/ . The honey helps increase circulation and gives me a little more energy.
These are my top 3 reasons why I love yoga and smile more!
1. Turn off monkey mind when the inner chatter is nonstop our bodies are functioning under a constant low-level stress a simple smile and a good stretch can instantly relax the body and release tension on cellular levels.
2. Just sitting and being positive. All the feel-good chemicals are released when you smile and stretch dopamine's and endorphins plus it boosts your immune system strong balances your hormones and stabilizes your blood pressure and heart rate.
3. Feel connected with people there is a magic that happens in the yoga studio when everybody is relaxed and completed a good class there's a connection that stays with you the whole day.
4. Yoga is a journey of life you will be amazed on how you progress if you keep at it. It Is a feeling of accomplishment and a great time to relax.
5. Yoga is honoring your body and making yourself feel good, makes me feel centered when all the energy is flowing and the blood is pumping.
Feeling good and having physical and mental flexibility will help you in every area of your life
I call this on the go YOGA! Sometimes we are not able to get to the yoga studio, here are 3 poses I'm sure you know already know just be mindful when doing feel Zen and practice yoga on the go! Slow down and breathe, sip your honey and water.
1. "Half dog"Makha" Svanasana
Hold on to chair lean forward in bend over. This perfect for relieving back pain if you've been sitting for a while on the bus or train just lean over and let your body hang.
2. "Chair pose" Utkstasana this strengthens your shins leg gluteus, of course, bring your feet to gather or hip width apart reach her tailbone towards the floor back straight and she said into an imaginary chair reach your fingertips towards the ceiling.
3. "Forward bend" Uttanasana
Place both feet firmly on the floor and place your fingertips are palms next to the outer edge of each foot pull your torso feel forward and just do a nice stretch.
4. Tree pose is easy to do and helps get you back in balance.
Fun game but Warning!! This app may be used to lure children into secluded places the game is already linked to injuries, bad driving and opportunistic robberies.
Okay everyone is Pokemon crazy, after walking 5 miles around NYC, I was into it. But I could not help but thinking about Safety Tips for playing this game and understanding it!
-Kids are distracted, are far more open to talk to strangers who are playing the game, so make sure that you know where they are and don’t let them play solo, before they know it they are out of their comfort zone. The Pokeman makes it fun to explore and go to new places.
-Kids are ignoring "stranger danger", and falling for fake posts that are on instagram and snap chat in there neighborhoods.
-knowing where the Pokemon is and the predators wait
-eyes rare glued to screen bumping into people, loosing track of where they are
-going out and leaving the familiar area, walking further then they realize
The game could be manipulated by break ins to system
-the game can lure kids to water for “water species Pokemon”
-Also bring a charger with you when you play, batteries on phone get used very quickly
- Commissioner of NYC Bill Bratton, hates this game, due to the accidents and robberies that have been happening around NYC http://nypost.com/2016/07/14/nypd-commissioner-bill-bratton-hates-pokemon-go/
Tips to stay healthy and have fun this summer!
Also without breaking the bank!
Encourage kids and caretakers join in to play sports such as soccer, basketball, skateboarding or surfing, boogie board Remember all summer long wear comfortable shoes likes crocs www.crocs.com so you can keep moving from the boat to the playground, beach and backyard.
The more you move the more you can build strength, coordination and mental stamina doing unplanned fun activities. Walk, local parks, to the store, church friends house, wherever your heart desires. Its calming to the mind and great for your body. Also you will find that you sleep better with the fresh air.
Set up an obstacle course packed with different challenges. This is so much fun, a egg on a spoon race, wheel barrel, water balloon challenge.
Book club and Art Club It’s a fantastic way for them to socialize and read a book. Make it fun let your kids pick the book. Even if they just read a few chapters or draw pictures to join in the conversation its good constructive fun.
Movie night is great, its fun to watch Dad’s favorite and Moms favorite comedies too. Very nostalgic and always a good conversation starter.
Meditate, in this busy world I know it’s hard to stop but just sit unplugged, for 5 minutes in with your eyes closed unplugged.
You will see how you slowly increase to 10, 15 minutes. You will feel more refreshed and productive. A healthy mind and body makes you more productive and a better problem solver.
I'm a entrepreneur, owner and creator of www.g2organics.com, I like people that have strong opinions and say what they think.I like how Donald Trump overcame the odds, it truly is a movement. I like his passion and ability to navigate in the political arena.I like his work ethic, and what he has built. We all want the economy to boom, feel secure, unite not divide. I personally have had friends and even customers shocked that I voice my political views. I am a American, I love this country, I love people and I love the American dream. On http://latalkradio.com/content/what-women-want we talk about the dangers of talking politics, PR Maven Jennefer Witter, has tips and advice that are useful in every area of your life. I adore her!
#Tuck Everlasting, entertaining and thought provoking for all ages! I would not want the fountain of youth, would you?
I just love this blogger and blog and wanted to share!
Friday, April 22, 2016
Earth Day: Green Chic Lifestyle!
Happy Earth Day 2016! To celebrate such an important occasion, I have curated a special selection of mouth-watering items that will make your life easier and more environmentally-conscious. Who said that green couldn't be chic?
This is a genuinely ecological and simple soap that can be used for almost anything: To clean your face, your body, or even your home – it's a great ally to wash food, do the dishes, get a sparkling laundry, mop your floors, or clean your pets– with no synthetic preservatives, detergents or foaming agents. This means no Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, a common chemical detergent to which I am extremely allergic. I personally use Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap to clean my kitchen and my bathroom; by mixing it with baking soda, it attacks the toughest grease stains. However, and because it is a very concentrated formula, you need to dilute it to get the best results. You can visit Dr. Bronner's blog here for suggestions on how to make the most of this wonderful product.
6. Hanging Air Plant Terrarium by Maker's Kit ($24, featured here with a black display stand from Amazon): This cute DIY green kit includes a hanging glass bubble, preserved moss and lichen, decorative rocks, a water atomizer, a Tillandsia plant, and an easy-to-follow set of instructions to take care of the lil' guy. You only need to provide a sunny spot for your new friend!