Monthly Archives: September 2015
#Acupuncture Facelift, what is it and does it work? Acupuncture Facelift, what is it and does it work? I had to give it a try, its natural, no chemicals NO cutting, sound right up my alley, this type of facial facelift has been praised in VOGUE (http://www.vogue.com/871420/vd-maggie-betts-is-obsessed-facial-acupuncture) I sought out the best in the biz, her name is Darien Lamb, RN, LAC, MS she was highly recommended. When I first met Darien, I was impressed by her credentials, and institutional knowledge, she treats the whole body, not just the face. I had my first appointment at Nicholas Day Spa, in Pelham NY http://nicholasdayspa.com she explained the treatment in detail, its natural way to help the aging process a cosmetic facial acupuncture is a healthy alternative to invasive Western medical injectable, fillers, and surgical procedures. it enhances muscle tone, strengthens and firms skin appearance, and improves overall health and well-being. The treatment takes 10 visits to see the full results, but I immediately felt the relaxation effects from day one, and saw the cosmetic results after the 3rd visit. The lines were softer and plumped. This cosmetic facial acupuncture left me looking and feeling relaxed and glowing. It is an effective treatment for people of all ages. Western Medicine (WM) views cosmetic facial concerns like wrinkles, loss of muscle tone, sagging skin, and skin problems as the result of factors such as habitual muscle movement, aging, genetics, and climatic factors. Although Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) agrees with Western Medicine, more importantly, TCM believes that aging is directly influenced by physical, emotional, and spiritual health. As I relaxed on the table with acupuncture needles in my face and legs, I felt a deep relaxation come over my entire body, it was hypnotic. After a section I felt like I had just woke up from a nap.
Before the treatment I did have a comprehensive exam which included questions concerning your digestion, sleep patterns, diet, stress level, family health history, and cosmetic concerns. The practitioner looks at the tongue, feel the pulse on your wrists, and possibly press or massage various body parts. She will inserted fine, sterilized acupuncture needles into specific acupuncture points on your face and body. The purpose of the treatment is to restore internal health to naturally lift, tone, and strengthen muscle integrity and skin. The result is healthy toned face muscles, tighter skin, reduced fine lines and wrinkles, refined skin, even skin color , and improved health and well-being. I love before and after pictures, check out these!
I highly recommend this treatment not only for beauty but for internal relaxation and all the health benefits that come with acupuncture. When you feel good you look good, and when you look good you feel good.Make a apt at Nicholas Day Spa,203 Wolfs Lane 914 738 3838 or 140 Lockwood Ave, New Rochelle
Great Kick off to #NYFW ss 2016! Nancy O’Dell has a great new line #Mamarazzi and #Moms, we love #jumpsuits!
— Jahmia Phillips (@jahmiaable) September 10, 2015
I wanted to share the benefits of frequent family dinners, even if you know its always a good reminder. I see it as a positive way to reconnect and regroup.
- Everyone eats healthier meals. Even at restaurants people dinning together eat better
- Kids are less likely to become overweight or obese.
- Kids more likely to stay away from cigarettes.
- They're less likely to drink alcohol.
- They won't likely try drugs
- School grades will be better.
- You and your kids will talk more.
- You'll be more likely to hear about a serious problem.
- Kids will feel like you're proud of them.
- There will be less stress and tension at home.
Even if you are not enjoying family dinners, here are some tips on getting started:
• Build up slowly if you are not already regularly eating together, once a week for a while and then every other day, and then every day. Be flexible, some days it may not be possible for everyone to be there.
• Keep the meals healthy but simple, so that you don’t run out of time with too much cooking.
• Even if its "takeout" still eat this at the table as a family. Show them that it doesn't’t matter what the food is, you still all want to eat together.
• Invite your children’s friends over for a family meal. Show the children that their friends are also invited to the table and that having friends over is not always about getting a take-away to eat in front of the television.
• Make family meal times enjoyable. Happy talk! Rose and thorn of day!