Tag Archives: art
Tips to stay healthy and have fun this summer!
Also without breaking the bank!
Encourage kids and caretakers join in to play sports such as soccer, basketball, skateboarding or surfing, boogie board Remember all summer long wear comfortable shoes likes crocs www.crocs.com so you can keep moving from the boat to the playground, beach and backyard.
The more you move the more you can build strength, coordination and mental stamina doing unplanned fun activities. Walk, local parks, to the store, church friends house, wherever your heart desires. Its calming to the mind and great for your body. Also you will find that you sleep better with the fresh air.
Set up an obstacle course packed with different challenges. This is so much fun, a egg on a spoon race, wheel barrel, water balloon challenge.
Book club and Art Club It’s a fantastic way for them to socialize and read a book. Make it fun let your kids pick the book. Even if they just read a few chapters or draw pictures to join in the conversation its good constructive fun.
Movie night is great, its fun to watch Dad’s favorite and Moms favorite comedies too. Very nostalgic and always a good conversation starter.
Meditate, in this busy world I know it’s hard to stop but just sit unplugged, for 5 minutes in with your eyes closed unplugged.
You will see how you slowly increase to 10, 15 minutes. You will feel more refreshed and productive. A healthy mind and body makes you more productive and a better problem solver.
Quick tips to restore the BALANCE in you and your home!
As summer is coming to a end, last vacations are taken, school shopping starts, if your like me, sad to see the summer go but happy to get back on a "normal routine". Here are some quick tips to restore balance in your home and in your soul.
1.Clean out the clutter, just because the "thing" is gone, it does not mean the memory is. This will help clear the energy for new clutter, just kidding. Just close your eyes and start throwing away, papers, unmatched sock Clutter-Busting Secrets of the Pros | RealSimple.coms, anything that been hanging around too long and not being used.
2. Sage your home, the smoke gets rid of negative energy and changes the feel of your home. If you don't like the smell of sage, use incense.
3. Salt, salt gets rid of negative energy, get a Himalayan Salt salt lamp, its a nice glow and helps restore the balance Also you can buy chucks of salt and just sprinkle it outside your home, hey cant hurt but does help restore balance.
4.FRAME your kids artwork, pick up some wall frames in Michaels or Target, this is a great cure for the taped up artwork, and it does look cheerful and always makes me smile. Art feeds the soul, especially when your children make it, especially after you paid for art camp its nice to see your investment.
5. Plants, Purifying plants are great, they are good for you and the environment. Bringing nature in feels good, and the plants can also lessen the toxins in the air.
There are many benefits to keeping plants inside the home, a few of which being:
- The control of humidity within the home
- Indoor detoxification and purification of the air.
- A resultant cooling effect condition
- The reduction of sound levels
- The reduction of stress levels
- A reduced reliance of chemical products
6.Aroma therapy, use the oils to attract what you want. I mix my own oils and the peppermint lemon, always wakes me up and the lavender relaxes. You can put a dab on a light bulp and it smells great and adds a new energy to the room.
I will talking more and more about restoring balance, but these are just a few reminders, and tips. Sending you good energy as always!