Tag Archives: families
13 MANNERS to review with our kids! A refresher never hurts anyone! Parents we need reminders too.
1. Say "please" and "thank you." The two benchmarks of good manners, but sadly lacking today, despite the fact that teaching kids to say them is a simple process of reminding them.
3. Chew with their mouths closed. Nobody likes the site of chewed up food, and open mouths increase the chance of things falling out.
4. Don't interrupt. Unless it's an emergency (it usually isn't), kids need to learn patience and allow an interaction to continue.
5. Don't text at the table. Seemingly a no-brainer, I am constantly astounded by how much kids (and adults) check their phones during meals. I'm guilty, but trying not to do it!
6. Don't text during conversations. Nothing relays the message that you've got better things to do than checking your phone during a conversation.
7. Honor Privacy You don't have to read someone's diary to invade her privacy. In a world of reality TV and 24/7 social media, it's challenging to maintain a sense of privacy.
Knock on the door before entering a room.
Do not eavesdrop on others' conversations.
Don't spread gossip and rumors.
Don't share and forward the personal information (or photos) of others.
Do put an end to forwards that land in your lap. It stops here.
8. Learn to say "excuse me." Always appropriate when interrupting a situation or when releasing "gas."
9. Have integrity "Honesty and integrity are at the very foundation of one's character," says Sena. Our children must learn how powerful their words are, and how using them wisely is at the core of good manners.
Tell the truth. "It's not always easier to tell the truth, but it's always better in the long run," says Nickell. "Our children should know that lying won't get them anywhere, and that honesty really is the best policy."
Stick to your word. "Teach the importance of following through and living by your word," says Nickell. "It's an essential part of life, and it's a lesson children can begin to learn at a young age." If you say you're going to do something, stick to it.
10.Respect your elders "Speak to adults respectfully and look them in the eye when they are speaking to you," says Liz Taylor, an etiquette consultant in Minneapolis. Refer to them as Mr. or Mrs. unless they tell you otherwise. (If you don't know their names, refer to them as sir or ma'am.) Politely offer them your seat or let them go before you (through a door, in a buffet line, or anywhere).
11. Lose gracefully. If you do your best, then it doesn't matter whether you win or lose. We can't win every game, so when you lose, be sure to thank your opponent, shake hands and say, "Well done!" or "Good job." No sore losers, please.
Maintain a positive attitude. Sports and games should emphasize building each other up, taking turns, playing as a team, working hard and striving to improve. By focusing on these positives, there will be fewer bad manners when there is a loss.
12. Acknowledge friends and acquaintances. A simple nod or smile is all it takes, versus ignoring them completely.
13. Eat your food,with mouth closed, just another reminder!
IT's The best product you will every buy!!
Description:G2 Organics Hickey Stick is a new alternative to concealer that covers everything from scars and breakouts to hickeys. The product is made from organic, natural, and non-toxic ingredients like rosemary, zinc oxide, and Vitamin E. It is available in light and dark shades and each Hickey Stick is Reiki-charged for good energy. A portion of the proceeds go to cancer research.
I created with my interns at Fordham University and Marie Lamari. Everybody laughed in my world thought it was just a throw away, cheeky kind of product. But it has stood the
test of time, and works great, people of all ages love it and use it. Its not just for "Hickeys" its for pimples, razor bumps and even bug bites bites. Its packaged so its easy to throw in your gym bag or pocketbook.
and sexy. I use it all the time, for what? Under eye As a BEAUTY Expert, I have used and know about so many cover ups, I wanted to create a product that everyone in the family can use. This product can be used by men, for , pimple, cover up and it also heals. Plus for women keeps my makeup on. With everything I have learned about the cosmetic industry and chemicals I swear this is the best product on the market!