Category Archives: kids
Mississippi designer on her way to greatness, NYFW then PFW soon in your closet!
NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 08: A model walks the runway during the EFABB show At New York Fashion Week Powered By Art Hearts Fashion at The Angel Orensanz Foundation on September 8, 2018 in New York City. Model Julia Corso (Photo by Meera Fox/Getty Images for Art Hearts Fashion)
I love this designer, Marnita Miller she is the creative genius behind the much-buzzed-about EFABB COLLECTION. Her designs are bold, yet practical. Her use of vibrant colors and unique fabrics create a classic, sophisticated, trendsetting style that is sure to get noticed. Her tailoring skill has gained her a following in the south.
As a high school graduate this Mississippi-native had high hopes of attending Parson School of Design in New York City but when tragedy struck her family years before, her dreams were met with much reluctance.
Yet, never giving up Marnita’s love for design bloomed into a reality through EFABB COLLECTION when finding her muse in her first granddaughter. It’s her baby, and every piece created is birthed from the heart of this designer with joy, love and endless hours of happiness. She infuses sophistication and wear-ability with hopes of making everyone wearing her designs feel absolutely FABulous….. the collection was so well received and highlighted at NYFW, she was asked to show in PARIS! The entire process, of creativity and pictures from her collection modeled by my daughter Julia Corso, @juliamariecorso showed in VOGUE. Ladies and gentlemen this is proof again to never to give up on your dream. Efabbcollection is more then clothing its a lifestyle.
NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 08: A model walks the runway during the EFABB show At New York Fashion Week Powered By Art Hearts Fashion at The Angel Orensanz Foundation on September 8, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Meera Fox/Getty Images for Art Hearts Fashion)
Marnita’s journey has taken her to New York Fashion Week twice with Art Hearts Fashion and her popularity continues to grow amongst editors and consumers who savor the versatility of her designs.
Marnita’s desire is that her designs will develop styles that will assist in transitioning kids to adolescence teen years. The clothing line range from kids size 6-12 and teen adolescents sizes 2-8.
Marnita introduced her boys line at Art Hearts Fashions in New York in 2018 and it was well received. This boys line also include designs that are gender neutral. NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 08: A model walks the runway during the EFABB show At New York Fashion Week Powered By Art Hearts Fashion at The Angel Orensanz Foundation on September 8, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Meera Fox/Getty Images for Art Hearts Fashion)[/caption]
To connect with the Designer: email: email@example.com IG: @efabbcollection
NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 08: A model walks the runway during the EFABBcollection show At New York Fashion Week Powered By Art Hearts Fashion at The Angel Orensanz Foundation on September 8, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Meera Fox/Getty Images for Art Hearts Fashion)
Snatched was a silly fun movie, dumped by her boyfriend on the eve of their vacation, impetuous dreamer Emily Middleton (Amy Schumer) persuades her cautious mother, Linda (Goldie Hawn), to accompany her on an exotic getaway to South America. Opposites, Emily and Linda must soon work through their differences to escape from a wildly outrageous and dangerous jungle adventure funny, entertaining. But the best part was meeting Amy and Goldie at TheMom's blogger movie premier event on Park Ave in New York City. The interview was serious at times but Amy true to herself was hysterical The moms interviewed and hosted Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn for a Mamaraazzi event in NYC for their new movie Snatched. They sat down with The MOMS to dish on the film and during the interview Amy admitted “her uterus remains empty for now, but she would like to have kids someday.” I also gave Amy Schumer a crystal for good energy and she liked it! I gave the one to Donald Trump too, hey we all need good energy, maybe on a higher level it will help. We all had a absolute blast and even all dance together in honor of #DanceforBreastCancerChallenge.
September is National Yoga month it's a perfect time to get "bendy" yoga well known to increased strength stamina and flexibility. I have been practicing yoga for years and it does enhance your ability to stay focused on task improve your attitude and decreases anxiety. I also think it helps you to feel Zen, focus, and even loose weight. When you feel good you look good! I find after I go to yoga class, my creativity and communication skills are much better. Yoga is fantastic it will only help you improve your overall health and well-being and mental function. I love National Yoga Month and Wedderspoon, its a perfect mixture.http://www.yogahealthfoundation.org/yoga_month
Favorite drink during yoga is to mix warm water and Manuka honey using the little to go packs, easy to carry and store http://wedderspoon.com/our-products/honey/ . The honey helps increase circulation and gives me a little more energy.
These are my top 3 reasons why I love yoga and smile more!
1. Turn off monkey mind when the inner chatter is nonstop our bodies are functioning under a constant low-level stress a simple smile and a good stretch can instantly relax the body and release tension on cellular levels.
2. Just sitting and being positive. All the feel-good chemicals are released when you smile and stretch dopamine's and endorphins plus it boosts your immune system strong balances your hormones and stabilizes your blood pressure and heart rate.
3. Feel connected with people there is a magic that happens in the yoga studio when everybody is relaxed and completed a good class there's a connection that stays with you the whole day.
4. Yoga is a journey of life you will be amazed on how you progress if you keep at it. It Is a feeling of accomplishment and a great time to relax.
5. Yoga is honoring your body and making yourself feel good, makes me feel centered when all the energy is flowing and the blood is pumping.
Feeling good and having physical and mental flexibility will help you in every area of your life
I call this on the go YOGA! Sometimes we are not able to get to the yoga studio, here are 3 poses I'm sure you know already know just be mindful when doing feel Zen and practice yoga on the go! Slow down and breathe, sip your honey and water.
1. "Half dog"Makha" Svanasana
Hold on to chair lean forward in bend over. This perfect for relieving back pain if you've been sitting for a while on the bus or train just lean over and let your body hang.
2. "Chair pose" Utkstasana this strengthens your shins leg gluteus, of course, bring your feet to gather or hip width apart reach her tailbone towards the floor back straight and she said into an imaginary chair reach your fingertips towards the ceiling.
3. "Forward bend" Uttanasana
Place both feet firmly on the floor and place your fingertips are palms next to the outer edge of each foot pull your torso feel forward and just do a nice stretch.
4. Tree pose is easy to do and helps get you back in balance.
Tips to stay healthy and have fun this summer!
Also without breaking the bank!
Encourage kids and caretakers join in to play sports such as soccer, basketball, skateboarding or surfing, boogie board Remember all summer long wear comfortable shoes likes crocs www.crocs.com so you can keep moving from the boat to the playground, beach and backyard.
The more you move the more you can build strength, coordination and mental stamina doing unplanned fun activities. Walk, local parks, to the store, church friends house, wherever your heart desires. Its calming to the mind and great for your body. Also you will find that you sleep better with the fresh air.
Set up an obstacle course packed with different challenges. This is so much fun, a egg on a spoon race, wheel barrel, water balloon challenge.
Book club and Art Club It’s a fantastic way for them to socialize and read a book. Make it fun let your kids pick the book. Even if they just read a few chapters or draw pictures to join in the conversation its good constructive fun.
Movie night is great, its fun to watch Dad’s favorite and Moms favorite comedies too. Very nostalgic and always a good conversation starter.
Meditate, in this busy world I know it’s hard to stop but just sit unplugged, for 5 minutes in with your eyes closed unplugged.
You will see how you slowly increase to 10, 15 minutes. You will feel more refreshed and productive. A healthy mind and body makes you more productive and a better problem solver.
Kung Fu Panda 3, opens today in theaters, I had a sneak preview. I especially liked this move because I’m a Reiki Master and spiritual junkie, I believe in Karma, energy from the universe and trusting your chi. I do believe this is the best Kung Fu Panda movie. Everyone agreed, The Moms, press, bloggers, kids, we all loved it. I especially liked when we got up close and personal with Kate Hudson and Lucy Liu. Yes ladies they were great, very open and answered all our questions.
“selfie” of the day with Kate Hudson. They had a great moment!
My favorite “The Moms” with our daughters at the Mamarazzi® event celebrate a pop up store in Union Square, NYC. It was a great evening, fashion, music, health wellness with lots of smiles all embracing the culture of at the ivivva (ih-vee-vah) which is actually a word made up. Ivivva believes that both the logo and the name represent the strength and beautiful individuality in all girls.
We watched a great fashion show, mingled, ate healthy and all oowed and awed at the fantastic models who did flips and cartwheels down the runway. One of our favorite models was 4 year old Gia also featured School Yard Style. Ivivva connects girls through movement and encourage them to dream big.
ivivva sparks and connects a global community of brave, compassionate and adventurous girls – to get involved, support each other and impact the world around them in their own unique way.
I personally love LuLuemon, and have been wearing for years, and they still look great. We also shopped the latestest fashions and were treated very very well!
I wanted to share the benefits of frequent family dinners, even if you know its always a good reminder. I see it as a positive way to reconnect and regroup.
- Everyone eats healthier meals. Even at restaurants people dinning together eat better
- Kids are less likely to become overweight or obese.
- Kids more likely to stay away from cigarettes.
- They're less likely to drink alcohol.
- They won't likely try drugs
- School grades will be better.
- You and your kids will talk more.
- You'll be more likely to hear about a serious problem.
- Kids will feel like you're proud of them.
- There will be less stress and tension at home.
Even if you are not enjoying family dinners, here are some tips on getting started:
• Build up slowly if you are not already regularly eating together, once a week for a while and then every other day, and then every day. Be flexible, some days it may not be possible for everyone to be there.
• Keep the meals healthy but simple, so that you don’t run out of time with too much cooking.
• Even if its "takeout" still eat this at the table as a family. Show them that it doesn't’t matter what the food is, you still all want to eat together.
• Invite your children’s friends over for a family meal. Show the children that their friends are also invited to the table and that having friends over is not always about getting a take-away to eat in front of the television.
• Make family meal times enjoyable. Happy talk! Rose and thorn of day!